Getting out in the community, sharing your knowledge, and offering your products is an effective way to grow your business,
but it must be done compliantly. Protect your beneficiaries and your license
by reporting all events to CareFree Insurance Services or to a carrier:
- Guidelines for formal, informal sales and educational events:
- Educational Events are designed to share knowledge and to establish
your expertise to beneficiaries. Many agents speak to civic groups
about Medicare and non-Medicare topics. Never sell or display product
brochures at an educational event. Give business cards only when
- Informal Sales Events create awareness of your products or services
in a less formal environment. Agents can answer plan specific benefit
questions and discuss the merits of the plan's products. of the plan's
products. Beneficaries must approach you first and agents are permitted
to sell at these events or obtain a Scope of Appointment or Consent
to Contact forms signed if the beneficiary prefers to meet at another
- Formal Sales Events provide a full compliant product presentation
to a group. Agents may sell the product they presented at these events.
Because they are advertised, no Scopes of Appointment are necessary.
- Access the guidance you need to conduct events
Marketing Materials Guidance
The CMS rules for creating and distributing marketing materials are complex,
so it's always a best practice to work with Carriers or CareFree Insurance
Services sales leaders when developing marketing materials. Many carriers
provide marketing materials through their websites and/or local sales leaders.
Find yours here.
Basic Compliant Advertising Guidelines:
- Do not create your own materials; all marketing must be approved by CMS
- Do not distribute materials on windshields or doors
- Do not approach people; let them come to you
CMS Regulations can be
To RSVP for upcoming training events, see www.carefreeagency.com/events
Carefree Insurance Services, Inc. – Field Marketing Organization (FMO)
Plantation Regional Office, 1600 SW 80th Terrace, Plantation, FL 33324
Insurance Services, Inc. All information provided on this website is for Agent Use Only
and not intended for public distribution.